Like a breath of fresh air, this 1840's home steeped in history and charm will renew the senses and take you back to a time where your wildest dreams felt like reality. This house gives an extraordinary opportunity to live in picturesque Bowning on a whimsical bucolic block and work in your very own establishment, ‘Rollonin Café.'
Graced with a timeless story and encased in the remnants of Australia's past, the residence offers more than just a place to call home; it's an investment in the future and a nod to the past. The original character façade entices the eye and tickles the brain when one learns it's entirely made up of convict made bricks. Inside is adorned with hidden treasures like the rose ceiling medallions above, timber flooring below and high ceilings all around. French doors lead out onto the covered veranda where the stunning rolling green pastures can truly be appreciated. Peek up at the original shingles under the tin roof or pop down to the cellar below. The classic period details don't overshadow the functionality and upgrades the interiors have seen over the course of the owner's blissful life here. The large kitchen invites the gourmet chef of the family to experiment with ease from the modern stainless-steel appliances to the reproduction antique stove. Each living space is encased in unique style and the bathroom features the highly-sought after and long dreamed about clawfoot tub. Originally used as a quaint country town inn, the Cobb & Co. Station Inn, the residence was converted into a private home in 1876 and has been creating memories for families ever since.
Along the way, it was found to have something missing; the heart and soul of its primary intention. And that's when the unique Rollonin Cafe was created by owners Tony & Renata. Inspired by the main house, the café keeps the bygone era alive taking shape in the form of a slab hut designed and built to replicate local buildings from the mid 1800's and there's nothing else like it. The walls are encased in newspaper clippings dating back as early as 1900 and the cottage garden that surrounds it is truly magical. As the children pet Mac the resident Clydesdale, watch from the rustic shed with a glass of wine in hand and let all thoughts of the real-world wash away, for now you're in rural heaven.
For city dwellers with an unwavering romantic heart, this is your chance to finally make the tree-change fantasy a reality. Concrete and congestion can never compare to natural wide-open spaces and a laid-back lifestyle lived in peace and harmony. Bowning holds a historic past that is cherished by locals and beloved by guests from all around Australia and far-flung international destinations. By owning ‘Rollonin' and the adjoining home, you'll be in possession a of private sanctuary unmatched by anything for miles, so come and see for yourself.
Features – The Home:
- 3 generously sized bedrooms
- 2 separate living areas
- New owner stayed with original colour scheme
- 4 x Open wood fires
- Beautiful wooden floors
- Original fixtures, many have been restored
- External walls are triple brick convict-made, internal are double
- Large kitchen & family areas
- Wood stove
- Main bedroom with walk-in robe & ensuite with spa bath, double sink
- Kitchen defined by timber slab benches, stainless steel appliances, dishwasher, reproduction antique stove & ample cupboard space
- Bedroom 3 privately located in separate studio that has reverse-cycle unit (perfect for guests)
- Fully restored by current owner & late husband
- Large outdoor laundry with storage
- Double garage and workshop
Features – Café:
- Café (walk in walk out)
- Successful business with bookings into 2019
- Space & bookings for private functions, weddings, parties & more
- Rustic charm throughout
- Local school across the road
Features – Location:
- 8 acre block in total (5 at the front with house & cafe, 3 at the back with potential for 5 approved blocks)
- Conveniently located off central Hume Highway
- 40 minutes from Canberra, 10 minutes to Yass
- Perfectly placed between Sydney and Melbourne
- Australia wide & international guests including The Rolling Stones
- 5 spare blocks that have been approved for subdivision – create the ultimate hobby farm for yourself or sell to earn extra cash